INDIAN COMMITTEE OF YOUTH ORGANIZATIONS
Mission Statement: ICYO is a non-profit, non-governmental network organization, committed to develop areas of mutual cooperation and understanding among the different youth voluntary agencies, youth groups and clubs and individuals functioning in India.Â It functions as an umbrella organization networking youth NGOs all over India.
Network : Indian committee of Youth Organization is a family of youth NGOs with a membership of over 475 organizations spread in 123 districts of 27 states in India representing all corners of India.
Today's young people are overall the best educated generation of youth in history. However, for many young people,
the transition to adulthood is slowed down by poverty and their inability to find decent work. (UN Report)
- To strengthen the existing youth agencies and foster development of new agencies in the area of youth mobilization on environment, rural and community development, health, population, cultural heritage, habitat, sexual exploitation and sexual abuse of child & youth , national integration peace
- To assist and guide member organizations to conduct all kinds of activities in the field of youth development, mobilization and education;
- To set up training centers, to assist members in research and evaluation to help members with advice and other means in raising funds, and to act as a liaison between members and other agencies.
- To arrange seminars, conferences, workshops to discuss and study the problems faced by the members, issues concerning youth development, health and environment and to provide training to the member organizations in various aspects of project planning, budget, implementation and evaluation.
ICYO network is recognized by large number of organizations/institutions, some are:
- Consultative Status with ECOSOC, United Nations.
- Member of Asian Youth Council
- Full Member status in World Assembly of Youth (WAY).
- Partner of Foundation for Leadership Inititatives (FLI)
The philosophy behind the success of ICYO in a short span of times is the need-based assistance provided to theÂ network organizations and non-interference in the functioning of individual organization.
---- There is a lot to achieve, a bit done ----
We can join hands to empower the youth